Saturday, March 24, 2012

New Kitchen Faucet

I just installed my first kitchen faucet! ( I did swallow my pride and accept help from my husband AFTER I spent 2 hours removing the old one, he had a really long day that involved a very important presentation and the last thing he wanted to do was get involved with this!) When he came home I was on my back under the sink clanging away, not your typical "Welcome Home Honey" scene. Ha! I am not going to really write a tutorial on this but will say that YOU CAN DIY this but before we were finished I was wishing that I had a plumber on speed dial!  It's all about having the right tools.  A basin wrench would have come in handy removing the old bolts because they were in such a tight space, instead I used 2 crescent wrenches. Really the new faucets are not that difficult to install.  I YouTubed the installation but it only took him 3 minutes(ha) as opposed to my 4 hours! Here are my before and after pictures.

The Old:


These are the jokers below that require 2 wrenches to remove. They attach to the water supply.




The New One!!! Yay!!!!!!



We went with a Delta model because the pull down sprayer has a magnet that keeps it attached to the body and I have seen some that over time may not continue to say up in the spout .


Not sure what happened here but I wanted to show you the bottom of the sprayer. It has two settings that you will see below.



I must say that this project gave me a great sense of accomplishment but I am not so sure I would repeat it.  It might have been easier to have replaced the sink at the same time!  Anyway I am lovin it!

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you!! that is an awesome job. I am glad someone came out with the magnet thingie. A few years I passed on the pull out spray for that very reason. Everyone I knew with one had a drooping spray. You were smart to seek that out.
    Delta is a very good faucet and will outlast the kitchen.
    Hugs, Ginger

    Just noticed you have "word verification" turned on. I believe you will attract more followers if you turn it off. It's even worse now that you have to decipher two separate words. "Just saying"

    Have a fabulous week, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you was not aware of that and truly did not know it existed, much less that it was turned on! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete